Today we will guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy J (SC-02F) and install TWRP recovery (custom recovery) on this device. Now you can install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy J (SC-02F). Samsung announced Galaxy J in September 2014 that came with 5.0 inches touchscreen with the resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 Quad-core processor. The device has 1 GB of RAM and 4 GB inter-storage, which can be expanded up to 32 GB with the help of SD card. TWRP recovery is known as TeamWin Recovery and this is a custom recovery. We have given below a step-by-step guide on how to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J (SC-02F) and then root it.
The TWRP custom recovery built with a touchscreen-enabled interface, which allows users to install the third-party firmware, install custom ROMs, Kernal and backup the current system. By following this simple detailed guide, you can easily root and install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy J.
If you want to unleash the full power of Android modding, then rooting and installing TWRP recovery is the first priority to get all modding ability on Samsung Galaxy J (SC-02F). The TWRP Recovery comes with 3.1.0 version which has a Material Design, Touch Screen Support, and Encryption mode. This process is not official process, so while installing TWRP recovery you will void your phone warranty.
Once you root and install TWRP custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy J, then you can always try Custom ROM, Mods, Kernel, Xposed, Rooting and so on. Before proceeding don’t forget to take the full backup of all your valuable data. If you want to install TWRP recovery and root Samsung Galaxy J (SC-02F) then go ahead and follow the given steps.
You can use this guide for all the Galaxy J. Verify the device’s model by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
Things To Remember:
Warning: AndroidSoul will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy J during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your own risk.
Data Backup: Take a full backup of all your important data and settings like contacts, pictures, videos, music before proceeding to the instructions.
Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy J on your PC.
Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
Note:- If you can’t find Developer Options on your phone, then go to Settings > About Phone and tap 7 times on the Build Number. Go back to Settings and there you will see the Developer Options. Now you can enable USB Debugging.
Any custom Recovery like a TWRP should be installed on your device will be replaced with a stock Recovery image.
Make sure that the battery level of your Galaxy J is at least about 60-70 to avoid unexpected shutdowns during the installation process.
- Download SuperSU v2.82
- Download TWRP Recovery Image for Galaxy J | Download .tar | .tar.md5
- Odin Tool
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J:
- First, download TWRP Recovery Image for Galaxy J from the above link on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy J SC-02F USB to your computer using the USB data cable.
- Transfer the file to the root folder of your SD card.
- After transferring the TWRP file, disconnect the phone.
- Run Odin flashing tool on your computer as an Administrator.
- Power OFF your Galaxy J in order to boot into Download Mode.
- Power ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same for a few seconds. Once the yellow warning screen appears then release the keys.
- While your phone is in Download Mode, connect the phone to the PC using its USB data cable.
- If the USB drivers are properly installed and the phone is connected, the Added text will appear and ID: COM port turns blue in Odin.
- Click on AP button on the Odin and choose the “. tar.md5” file that you have already downloaded and placed it on the desktop of your PC.
- Tick the F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot options on the screen but Uncheck Re-Partition.
- Begin the installation process by clicking on the START button in Odin and wait for PASS text appears on the screen.
- Once the installation is successfully completes, your Galaxy J5 will automatically Reboot.
- Done! You have successfully installed TWRP on Galaxy J SC-02F.
How to Root Galaxy J:
- Download the SuperSU v2.82 on the desktop of your PC for Galaxy J from the above link.
- Plug the phone into the PC via its USB data cable.
- Transfer the SuperSU-v2.82 zipped file to the root folder on SD card of your phone.
- After SuperSU file, unplug the USB cord and turn it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Enter TWRP Custom recovery by typing the following command.
adb reboot recovery
- While your Galaxy J is in Recovery Mode, perform wipe data tasks by navigating to the main menu of recovery and choose to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the process.
- Now, go back to Recovery menu and select choose zip from sd card -> Install zip from sd card. Find the SuperSU-v2.82 zipped file that you have already downloaded it in Step No 1. Confirm the flashing process to begin.
- Navigate to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy J and it may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first after installation.
That’s it! This was how to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy J (SC-02F) and root process! Verify the SuperSU app by checking in your apps list.